Topic: Misplaced Points
I have noticed that SmartMorph 1.55 occasionally "reverses" points that have been placed. On several occasions I noticed for example:
1) I place points on nostrils, nose tip, chin and glabella (between eyes)
2) I accomodate images alowing rotation and cropping.
3) Then I go back and zoom in to the images and add many more points.
4) I enter one on nose tip and both edges of nose
5) If I turn on the maping I often notice that there is a "blank spot" somewhere that does not render correctly.
6) I have found in trial and error that SmartMorph has reversed two of the placed points (ie like the right outer nostril and the nose tip.) so that it's calculations don't compute - hence the blank spot.
7) I then delete one of the two points; click on the remaining point to make it highlite and notice that its corresponding point on the opposite image is in the wrong place - so I move it back; then add another point.
8) most of the time this corrects the problem - no blank spaces on the map and it seems to render correctly.
The first few times I noticed this happen I thought that I was just placing points incorrectly; but, it happens frequently and even when I have been very carefully placing points and checking the map after every placement.
I don't know what this could be. It's not soul destroying as I can rework and replace; but, it's quite time consuming and anoying.
What might be happening/ how can I prevent it?