Topic: Commander Start Up Folder defaults?

Is there any option to configure Commander to 1) Start with a particular path (and have a option for both windows), or 2) Don’t remember the last path, or accept drag and drop paths while opening Commander?

Re: Commander Start Up Folder defaults?

If you drag a folder onto your Commander shortcut it will focus that folder.
You can also set it to a specific path by typing that path into the Commander.ini file and make Commander.ini read-only so that it is not updated..

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

I could not get this to work.
I have a shortcut that points to:
C:\Commander\Commander.exe
I can drag a folder onto this shortcut and it does open Commander but Commander does not open to the folder.
I also added %1 (like C:\Commander\Commander.exe %1) to the shortcut thinking that might help but it did not make a difference.
I thought I may have misunderstood the reply so I opened Commander and drug a folder onto the Commander Address line but Commander responded with a "1 file dropped on" prompt and it still would not open to the folder.  Am I doing something wrong to get this to work?
Thank you,

OK I am getting some mixed results.
First I renamed my Commander.ini file.
Next I did a drag/drop of folder
C:\LER\Programs\Desktop-Capture\Captured
onto the Commander shortcut and Commander did open BUT to
C:\LER\Programs\Desktop-Capture
(not to the final folder).

I can make the .ini read only and that will take care of my default folders.

But it would be nice if Commander would also accept an override by dragging a folder onto the Commander shortcut (which would override the default folder in the ini).  What do you think?

Yes, you are right. It will show the parent folder and focus the folder you dragged over so you need to hit Enter to show the folder contents.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <