Effectively, it's ugly .. .

I have another cursor i modified myself, try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c563gzj0372altj
Please save it as .cur
& not .ico
even if your browser suggests *.ico
It's not an icon, it's a cursor.

I have tried to replace it in resource hacker to avoid wasting time in your
attempts to replace the cursor yourself & test the cursors myself .. .
But i am facing an issue .. .

When you will have that cursor on your hard drive, desktop, or any folder,
you will see it as a big cursor (stretched or zoomed), & if i replace the old one
with my new cursor, i get that ugly stretched & zoomed cursor size .. .

BUT .. .

The original size of my cursor is the same size as if you clicked on your computer
folder View from the folder toolbar & selected "list" or "details" & not "icons" .. .

But i can't implement that normal cursor size i have in "explorer list view mode" into
analyzer .. .

I get the icon view instead, stretched & ugly .. .

If you can tell me how to change this in the future, it would be nice,
in the meantime, try to replace the old one with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c563gzj0372altj

3. f9 is not a solution at all )) the deskbar is important, it allows me to easily
click on an icon to see an arrived email or return to the browser & swap ))
If you can do it in the future, it'd be a good thing.

4. In a simple way, get rid of the blue background, whenever i:
-zoom in
-zoom out
-grab the image borders & enlarge it manually
-crop .. .

That blue background is a waste of time when people want to open several
pictures & adapt them to the screen depending on their size .. .

You could eventually add a new toolbar button called:
Edition Mode (Allow empty background)

5. Major Bug: Button (Adaptive retinex filter that increases local contrast)
If i bring the tool up, and play with it, my hard drive IS DRASTICALLY BUSY
for any action i do on that tool .. .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The message reads as follows:

Admin:

Hi

It's not that simple. I tried inserting the icon you suggests - you can see the result here:http://meesoft.com/Analyzer/BETA/ImageAnalyzer.zip
Try using it on a dark image. I don't think that you will consider it an improvement...

About the other suggestions:

2. IA already supports PCX. I have never had any use for TGA and PCD so I don't really have any motivation to use time on it. Of cause anybody is welcome to make a file format support plugin for IA...

3. Yes, I agree, that would be nice. Unfortunately I think it will require a lot of work because the kind of menu I use doesn't support it and it only gives 16 more pixels. Perhaps I will take the time one day. Do you use the fullscreen (F9) mode? That gives more space than reorganizing the bars will.

4. I'm sorry, but I really don't know what you mean here.

/Michael

delicate from MeeSoft Support Board has sent you a message. You can reply to delicate by replying to this e-mail.

The message reads as follows:

You should replace that icon really, i tried to see if there was an improvement over time & you still haven't changed that old icon, it's the only thing that looks ugly, the zoom cursor ... .

http://www.outillage-online.fr/e_commer … o_zoom.gif

Minor update requests:

2. pcx
    tga
    pcd

Support

3. Placing the toolbar right after the menu bar, to gain more space .. .

4. Automatically make the editor wrap images during zooming out or in or cropping processes.

wrapping: make the application's 4 lines with the close cross for each image always surround
    the borders of each images .. .

Otherwise it's ugly, there's empty space that i have to always get rid of manually,
    which is a waste of time.

Re: Hi Michael, From our email conversation

If you change the size of your cursor to 32x32 (just leave the rest blank) you should see it in the correct size.

How much memory do you have and how big images are you working on? Increase Local Contrast works fine for me and I have never seen this problem. Current I have 8Gb and running Win7 64bit, but even on my old PC it worked well for fairly big images.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Michael, it's not a question of memory, it's a BUG .. . trust me.

it prolly wasn't tested on all windows os's

im on an old winxp sp3
448mb of ram
microxp v0.82

but none of ur other tools react like that one in analyzer, that's why it's a bug,
the difference is RADICAL & by simply clicking on the icon, my hd starts rushing
& goes fast & blocks everything, only THIS tool & no other ones slow it like that,
even opening the tool, & if i increase or decrease values it's HELL, the hard drive
goes as fast but takes much longer.

if it was the same with other tools of analizer, i'd pretend its a memory issue,
but trust me, it's not.

every other comments i could add like "microxp is customized to run on little ram"
would be vain, since as repeated, onl that tool in ur app reacts like that & freezes
to hell, it's worse than firefox charged with 30 extensions & 50 windows/tabs

it's abnormal.

have u tested the latest ?

oh by the way, i donno if it's related, but when i tested ur latest beta version,
i opened it from an empty folder (only the app), & not from the program's folder .. .

i'll see what i can do with the magnifier cursor, thanks for the info

How big is the image you are using?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

the question's vain ))

I told you it's one tool & not the rest .. .
but you keep believing it's not your program .. .

that same image works well with other tools of analyzer & it's not one image it's any image
that does it with the listed tool above

& don't worry, it's not a 12 or 30 mb image, but prolly 450kb or 1 meg images .. .

If it is only a 1 megapixel image I can't imagine what the problem is. I don't use any special OS features so it should behave the same on all versions of Windows.
The reason I suspected it was a memory problem was because this particular operation uses much more memory than most other operation in IA as it allocates a number of temporary images in 32-bit floating point precision full color.
By the way, it is not the size of the file that matters but the number of pixels.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

then it's not a bug in that case, but dude, it takes a drastical amount of pc's ram & needs a  robust chipset ......... . you forgot one thing .. . it's not memory friendly & it can't be used with standard minimal pc requirements .. . is there a way you could modify the code so it doesn't keep the hard drive so drastically busy ? everything freezes for a while .. . it's simply unusable in simple machines.

Well, it is just a complicated algorithm and RAM cost so little today so it is not something I will prioritize.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

but please add it in ur todolist, telling me ram doesnt cost much is not helpful cuz when i tell u
that my hard drive is rastically busy by even simply clicking on that button .. . it means that even with a very performant cpu & a lot of ram, it'll still consume a lot & disallow me to intensively use several other applications, imagine if i had 2 or 3 applications that acted like that on my system with the best cpu & a lot of ram .. . it restricts other activities, slows them, as for now, i simply can't click on anything during a minute or so with that & i may wish to use all features in the future, so it'd be nice to modify it in the future.

tell me when the 4th option is available, i'd love it ))

"If you change the size of your cursor to 32x32 (just leave the rest blank) you should see it in the correct size."

No it doesn't work, & i know now why the previous cursor was partly ugly .. .
cause you reduced colors & got rid of pixels ((

I've changed my cursor to 32x32 dimension, & it still appears big in your uncompressed beta
analyzer.exe

Maybe your program doesn't accept true colors+alpha 32bits,
could you make it accept such cursors ? i guess that's related,
maybe ?

I can send you the 32x32 if you want

I didn't intentionally do anything to your previous image, except for converting it from GIF to CUR and change the size to 32x32. You are welcome to send me a new one in 32x32 to try with.

I just use the Windows API call LoadCursor to read it from the resource and Delphi's standard functions to change cursors - that is the only way I know to change the cursor.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

I finally understood what you meant by "32x32" and "just leave the rest blank", in fact, all conversions wasn't helpful, i realized that in 32, it was still big, so i copied the 16x16 right dimension & pasted it on a new (32x32) *.cur window in the middle, which kept the 16x16
little size with more transparent pixels in 32 mode ))

You're making efforts, so i decided to make efforts and conceive my magnifier, so it belongs
to noone else )) I did it, because i want this editor to be the best in its category ))

I believe the new cur will make you smile )) Please keep it in future releases & in the
actual uncompressed beta version.

& if you can, add it to the toolbar menu, replacing the magnifier of that menu too,
cause i don't see where that static toolbar magnifier icon is in reshack.

Changed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bz6bv7cu3lfjpr3

Warn me when the toolbarmenu magnifier has been replaced too ))
I'd love to see what it looks like .. .

The cursor is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?smbb72jc1ocmbdj

Thanks for your work. Unfortunately I don't think it is completely right yet, because when it is displayed on a light gray background the circle becomes invisible and only the blue + is seen.
Shapes in a good cursor should contain two distinct colors, e.g. a black pixel edge around a bright inner part so that it works well against both bright and dark backgrounds. You could probably fix yours by a black outline.
I would also suggest that you make the + less dominating.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Hi Michael,

i've tried my best, it's not easy to use dark colors, dark colors have the benefice of showing
in almost all colors, besides dark too )) & if dark colors are thickened/doubled in lines, the cursor's lines appear like briks, or non linear lines which is ugly, so i've tried everything i could,
to avoid that, also, make the cursor appear in dark backgrounds & respecting the center of the magnifier which isn't too dominating & allows us to see through.

If you accept this one, & trust me i can't do better, i have no experience in design & pictural
arts & i've considered everything, please replace the toolbar magnifier too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mavm1mlg72dbjvj

i'll be waiting for the 4th request

thanks

Hi

I'm sorry, but I'm still not quite satisfied with the cursor because it is very hard to recognize on some backgrounds. I know that mine is not very pretty but at least it is easy to see what it is on any background.

About the 4th request, I actually prefer to have it as it works now. I use F6 myself all the time - F6 will maximize the window if you have only one image open and it will switch between horizontal and vertical tiling if you have multiple images loaded.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

17 (edited by delicate 2011-09-06 4:27:37)

Your lack of will is sad .. . Because you would have improved your editor like no other online.
I have made another icon, if i incist, it's because, i want a definitive replacement, & not having
to constantly replace yours & unpack your application each time you update it .. .

http://www.mediafire.com/?c7a3j6logy05ttk

You should tolerate colors, i did my best, you pretend yours can be seen,
but it's a hypocrite way of telling me you want more contrast. & you cannot
achieve more contrast without white & black on any backgrounds, but white
and black are poor colors & can be ugly if lines are irregular .. .

Mine can be seen in white as in black backgrounds.

Try to implement that function too, because it'll save a lot of time to many people
& neglecting it is vain:

A new toolbar Button .. .

A button that "checked",
will allow the picture to zoom in or out automatically, as i enlarge or reduce
individual pictures' windows, & the editor's borders for any image should
always follow the image while i drag the borders to enlarge/zoom or
reduce/zoom out. To be accurate, it's the image that should follow
me in a zooming procedure, as i drag the borders of that image out or in .. .

This procedure should leave NO background space when i drag to enlarge or reduce .. .

Without that function, anyone would have to drag over empty backgrounds
when images are reduced or enlarged in order to gain space when we load
several images & that empty background is useless & space waste outside
edition .. .

That function would be a huge improvement.

& an option for registering selective file formats in options would be good

You can already chose which formats to register under Program options | File format associations

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

What about the other requests above ?

& i don't know what i did but now, every image i open has the blue background & window wrapping enlarged & takes the entire program's screen .. .

As I said, I actually prefer to have the window sizing as it works now. I use F6 myself all the time - F6 will maximize the window if you have only one image open and it will switch between horizontal and vertical tiling if you have multiple images loaded.

IA remembers if you had the last image window maximized, so I guess that's what happened.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

that's so reductive & vain, what you do doesn't address my issue, but you keep sending me your nonsensical indirect reply involving ur stupid f6 key. i'm going to try to use a childish language for you & reconfirm the issue .. . do you know what happens when people enlarge or reduce pictures to gain space ? ur stupid picture wrapping offers a blue background that people
have to systematically reduce as well, result: waste of time. but you don't give a shit to add a special icon cause you'd be wasting your time in improving the editor, all i realized now is that i can't get anymore updates from you, result: this software is obsolete & abandonware. phoxo could be a replacement if improved, but i've wasted enough of my time with you, you're eccentric & your responses are vain, negativist & limited.