1 (edited by bdutta 2013-09-30 11:30:27)

Topic: connector to self, as in state-chart / FSM diagrams

While I found a fairly acceptable way to re-format the UML-class to represent state (text centered, and rectangle corners rounded), and the inheritance-connectors as transition arrows, one thing that I am unable to do is to have a connector to self, to show a transition that doesn't lead to state-change.

Any way of achieving this ? I understand that this isn't perhaps the intended use of this tool, but anyway to achieve same effect, would be great.

Apart from this, this tool is really an amazing thing. Very light-weight, snappy and does what it is supposed to do.

Re: connector to self, as in state-chart / FSM diagrams

You can make joints in connectors by left+right clicking while drawing. Perhaps that will achieve what you want?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Do you mean using the "draw curve" icon, which draws multi-point splines ? I tried using it, but not able to add the "arrow-head" to it, and lose any ability to "snap" to the connector points on the other objects...  but, still, a close approximation.

No, just use any of the normal connectors with arrows. Try to right click while dragging with the left mouse button - that will give the possibility to make corners

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Ah, perfect.