Topic: Defaults

I just discovered that IA wasn't automatically using the monitor profile all my other programs use in Windows XP. I see that I can select it from a menu. Would it be possible to make the last selection the default? That way I wouldn't have to reselect it each time I run the program. I have the same request for output file type. I happen to always read a TIFF and always generate a JPEG. Each time I generate an output file I have to reselect the type. It would be nice if it remained as I last set it.

Brian

Re: Defaults

Does the monitor profile actually work? I must admit that I have never used it myself.

Regarding the file type you can just write .jpg on the file name - you don't have to select the format  in the list.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Yes, the profile works fine. For my monitor it provides a subtle but worthwhile increase in realism. This little issue with IA helped me to realize that my Chrome browser didn't use the monitor profile either! I always figured that once I set it up in Windows, the display driver automatically applied it for all programs. I never bothered to check that it was functioning.

There are many other settings in IA that I have to change each time I run it. It really would be helpful if it remembered the last setting for all parameters.

Brian

The latest beta version will save some of the settings after restart - including use of color profile

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

5 (edited by k6sti 2014-03-14 15:16:16)

Thanks for the update, which I had to use a proxy server to access.

What happened to Advanced Sharpen? The only sharpen I can now find has artifacts.

I reverted back to 1.36.1 to get Advanced Sharpen. It's the reason I use the program.

Brian

Advanced sharpen should still be available. Did you remove the old version of Image Analyzer before updating? You shouldn't.
Do you get any error messages in Help | Plugin load status?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

7 (edited by k6sti 2014-03-18 22:38:56)

I unzipped the beta and copied the files to the appropriate directories.

Error message:

http://s21.postimg.org/tn0kshxub/err.jpg

I just moved the beta zip file to the ImageAnalyzer directory and unzipped it there so I didn't have to copy files. Same result.

Error message for 1.36.1, which works:

http://s15.postimg.org/rdf19vw0n/err1.jpg

Brian

Hm, strange. Can you try taking only Analyzer.exe from the ZIP and leave other files as installed with 1.36.1?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

That worked!

Would you like a list of the parameters I always have to change when I restart IA? This would give you some idea of the scope of the parameters that I wish retained their last settings. I haven't yet discovered any that do in 1.36.2.

Brian

Sure, you are welcome to list them.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

First I load a TIFF.
Next I resize, nearly always to the same size.
Next I sometimes increase local contrast. Frequently I decrease the maximum contrast setting.
Next I use advanced sharpen. I always change from warp to limit sharpen IIR and set min/max filter size to 10. Usually I increase the filter strength.
Finally I save a JPG. I nearly always use the file format option and set JPG image quality to 100. Then I save as JPG, not the default TIFF.

It would save a lot of clicking, adjusting, and typing if the parameters in these functions retained their last values.

Brian

The latest beta version now also saves parameters in plugins (which  increase local contrast and advanced sharpen actually are)

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Very helpful! Thank you.

Brian