1 (edited by conelec 2014-05-05 5:55:12)

Topic: hierarchical Text Boxes

Are there any plans to expand the text boxes to a Vertical hierarchical design. i.e. click on the box takes you to another page referenced by that box. For me that would provide a great finishing touch and would make this product something I would be happy to pay for if it were offered as the premium version.

Re: hierarchical Text Boxes

In the text properties you can use \A<pagenumber> where <pagenumber> is the page number to go to when you double click on it like \A2 to go to page 2.
Is this what you want or can use?

Hey That is great. The only issue is if there is a text box on the other page when you double click, it moves the location of that text box. I will test it further there is probably something I am missing. I will be happy to send a donation if I can get it to work.
Thanks for creating a great application.

What do you mean by "moves the location of the text box"? Unless you are actually moving the mouse while double-clicking, the diagram is unchanged.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

If the mouse is in a position that lands on a box in the other page when you double click, for some reason the box it lands on moves it's position. It doesn't happen when you double click the border of the initial box only if you are somewhere near the center. I have not tried it on a grouped object. This might be a workaround but I am not sure. There needs to be some way of freezing the boxes once you have completed editing a page. I can duplicate the effect I want with PDF and page linking so it's not a big deal. It is still a great product and I will make a donation this weekend. smile

Once grouped the individual object looses the "\A" ability so this idea won't work. The effect is definitely not due to mouse movement during the double click.

I tried to put it on a different layer, you can see it but can not double click on it.
Perhaps a lock or viewonly property for object/group/page/file or something like that.

Try to set the grid size to 0. I know this is not a good solution so I will probably make a fix for the next version.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

It's not a critical issue. I love the rest of the software. Well thought out and easy to use. Donated $50AU today and happy to do the same for any update. I hope more people provide support for your efforts.

Thank you very much for the support.
Can you tell me if setting the grid to 0,0 in the options dialog solves the problem with moving boxes? I would like to understand the issue and the only thing I have found so far could be related to the grid. If that is the case then I can easily make a fix.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

No it didn't fix the issue. The jump does not seem to be related to the grid setting. It's as if just after the second click the object was grabbed and aligned to the mouse pointer. Create two identical pages with first box pointing to page two  \A2 and second box pointing to page one \A1. When double click the first box transition to page two works fine but now object on second page changes it's position. if you can't reproduce the issue it might be a mouse driver problem. I am using Logitech M325 mouse on WIN XP SP3. It's not so much of a problem because I PDF the document and re-establish links there.
I will try it on a different PC and let you know if I get a different result. smile

Tried another PC running WIN7 and Microsoft 5000 mouse with exactly the same result so it doesn't look like a driver issue.

I have released a new beta version at http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/support/view … hp?id=3266
Could you perhaps test if it is fixed there?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Works like a charm.

Correction still occurs with documents created and saved with previous version but cannot reproduce on newly created and saved document. Saving old document with new version does not correct the problem either.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem. Could you perhaps send me the document where it occurs by e-mail? (You can find my address in the about box)

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

As a small side note, the beta shows version 1.26.8 instead of 1.26.9

I think I have narrowed down the origin of the problem. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. My motherboard died. A gigabyte 990FXA UD3 Rev 3.0 it was only a year old but ended up with a severe short. I suspected that the power supply was to blame. I replaced the board with a 990FXA UD3 Rev 4.0 and new PSU, works like a dream. Anyhow I decided to treat myself to a new video card the 2600XT was getting long in the tooth so I bought a Radeon R9 Hawk by MSI and now I can't reproduce the fault with a higher end video card on this machine. So it would appear to be a problem with the video card/driver that is causing this issue.