Topic: Eyedropper tool

Hi Michael,

I wonder if it's possible to have an eyedropper tool (pipette) for choosing colors directly from the image you are working on. This would be useful for choosing colors for the pen and fill tools and especially for resizing the canvas to make a frame. It would be nice to get an exact match on the frame color with a color in the image. I also wonder whether you think the default position for Resize canvas could be in the center rather than the upper left. That would make it handy for making frames.

One more possibility for the next update: multiply mode in the Fade opacity command. I use it more than any other mode -- for adding black edges to an image. I do it now with the Custom expression. It isn't necessary, but it sure would be convenient.

Jim

Re: Eyedropper tool

I forgot to mention Selection by color. It would really help to have an eyedropper there. Jim

With the normal paint and fill tools you can hold Ctrl and click to pick up a color, and Selection from color defaults to the active pen color.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to know about those features. Maybe it would be possible to have the Resize canvas color default to the active pen color instead of black.

Good idea, I will do that

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

The multiply mode, would it be just p1*p2/255 like in the layers?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Yes, that's the formula I use. Thanks for considering it. Jim

Now available in the latest beta

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Thank you for adding those features, Michael. I will be using them every day. They will really streamline my editing workflow. Jim

I wonder if you would consider having the center button as the default on Resize canvas. I use that button 99% of the time -- to add a frame to an image. I imagine other people use that button most of the time too.

Thanks,
Jim

In the latest beta it stores the last used value

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Thanks. That's a great way to handle it.

Jim