Topic: Making objects same size

I have created a bunch of rectangles with dotted lines, in various fill colors, with and without text. Aligning them works great, but how do I make them the same size?

ATM I match their sizes manually, adjusting each and every group-object individually to match the others, but this is tedious work and not always accurate. Is there a faster way?

Re: Making objects same size

If you select all of them and open the Properties dialog you can set the width and height and that will apply to all of them

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Does not work.
Only if I convert to metafiles, but then I won't be able to edit my texts anymore. Not to mention I'd have to do it for each and every object.

What am I doing wrong here?

http://s33.postimg.org/fwbbh0v3v/size.jpg

What version do you use?, the latest beta version is 128.3

Spam deleted 2013: 54,  2014: 11,  2015: 3,  2016: 107

Yep. That's correct. I am on 128.3 - according to the About-window.

Hmm, I suppose a group doesn't have properties like width and height...
I do not have an answer for it.
Not a solution but perhaps making the grid or zoom bigger can help with resizing?

Spam deleted 2013: 54,  2014: 11,  2015: 3,  2016: 107

7 (edited by PenPusher 2016-06-13 13:41:06)

Fred wrote:

Hmm, I suppose a group doesn't have properties like width and height...

Hmm, since I am able to resize a group object, it seems to possess these properties. I can drag the usual handles - separate for width and height - but also diagonally for both. Just like every other object.

For my purposes, it is not necessary to have it spelled out in numbers. I'd be fine with say, dragging a corner handle with Ctrl held down - to adjust sizes in absolute measures for all selected. Or any other way. The only reason I tried the properties tab is because mv advised me to do so.

I assumed you were using regular rectangle objects, because they have these properties. My solution doesn't work for group objects which you use.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

9 (edited by PenPusher 2016-06-14 12:07:21)

mv wrote:

I assumed you were using regular rectangle objects, because they have these properties.

The properties I need are dotted lines. Could not get them to work with regular rectangles. Converting to polygon did not work, either. Group seemed the only possible workaround.

I am not fixed on using a group. How do I adjust the size of dotted rectangles to the same dimensions? Other than using a group? And other than trying to match them visually?