Topic: Image Analyzer Help

I've just installed Image Analyzer from a free CD on a mag. I'm a beginner in image manipulation, having just bought my first digital camera. Without Help files I'm unable to get started with the program, or even have an overview of its capabilities.Could you help ?

Re: Image Analyzer Help

Well Stellar Stella here is a crash course on image analyzer. First install image analyzer on your computer, after you have taken pictures with your Camera, download them to any folder on your computer, make sure you know WHERE the folder is.

After that start image analyzer on the menu bar click on file then click on open, find the folder where you put you pictures, select the picture you want then click open. What you do next depends on what you want to do to a particular picture,

if the picture is too dark go to special then click on auto color correction and then click on luminance plane that usually takes care of it.

If the picture is blurry, out of focus, or too soft, click on filters then sharpen, experiment with the two sliders until you get the sharpeness you want. Later on when you get more confortable with the software, you can experiment with restoration by convolution, that usually does a good job of getting rid of blurry pictures.

If the picture is too small click on image then resize and enter in the parameters, if you want to make the picture 50% bigger type in 150%, when enlarging pictures For resampling method I use the Sinc, it gives what i think is the best resampling. Usually after enlarging you will see small Jpeg artifacts on some of the edges in the picture, click on filters then adaptive noise reduction, this will usually get rid of the most visible Jpeg artifacts, you might want to experiment with the settings until you get what you want.

If you have any more questions feel free to email me FSC729@yahoo.com