Topic: Help with morphing please.

Hello. I just downloaded the free version this morning, and it looks pretty good so far. The only problem I'm having is finding detailed instruction on how to use it. I read that placement of the transition points can be tricky, so I started using only 2 points for the eyes, and I'm still having problems with it.
I'm only interested in morphing right now, so please let me ask three questions about that:

1. How many intermediate frames are allowed between pictures? I can't seem to get more than 20 to work properly. The animation > play feature works fine with any number of frames, but the animation player will not. (also, is there a certain way the number of frames are to be added? I read someone say to put 20*25 for 500 frames. Maybe it only accepts increments of 20?

2. I'm having a problem with getting a gif to repeat. (I save morphs as gifs) I use the repeat button exactly when I'm told in the tutorial, but I think it only successfully repeated one time out of 30 or so.

3. Finally, can you morph more than 2 pictures? I'd like to be able to morph 3 or more at a time.
Thank you very much.

Re: Help with morphing please.

1. It depends on your choise of "screen". If you select a Popims screen (this plastic plate with lenses) the number will be limited by the type of screen. But if choose "Video" then you can use as many intermediate frames as you want.

2. You just have to enable the "Looping animation" button before saving the file. That should work. At least it works for me when the GIF is opened in Internet Explorer...

3. Yes, you can morph many images if you use the "Video" setting ordo not exceed the number of frames allowed for the selected Popims screen.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Thank you for responding so quickly. Would you tell me exactly where to find the "video" option?
I found a few video options in the dropdown list, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.
Is the video screen something that you have to buy extra?

It is in the drop down menu in toolbar, to the right of the tool buttons

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

5 (edited by Korteck 2007-01-07 17:37:23)

Thanks. I found the video frames, however I only have 20, 40, and 60 frame video options. They're not unlimited. (unless I'm still missing something) This is the free version I just downloaded.
Anyway, I made a really cool warped gif of a picture today, and I changed the playback speed to make it go faster. After I saved it, I was disappointed to find that it had not saved in the faster speed.
I'd like to make 60 frame gifs (warp & morphs) that repeat. So that's 30 frames forward and 30 frames back.
Exactly how does one set the speed for a finished gif? Is it adjustable?

It seems you are right - the free version has a limitation on the number of frames allowed.

The playback frame rate that you can set in the animation properties dialog is used in the final GIF - at least it works fine for me. Perhaps you need to create exacly the number of frames allowed by the screen for it to work.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

where can i get the "pro" version of the programm ? .my problem is the same : i have a morph with over 200 frames and i did not find a way to save it as an avi in full resolution . over one year i have made photos from an objekt and now i create a animation in your fine programm, but now i see that only a max. off 60 pictures ist possible in video . now i know - first read than work.

i wish a good day

heiner

On http://www.popims.com/en/us-animator-versions.htm you can get the different versions of the software. For producing video files of unlimited length and resolution you will need "Popims Video full version".

Michael Vinther

> software developer <