Topic: ctrl+x ctrl+c ctrl+v

Am I the only one who use the windows cut copy paste with the ctrl+key?
I love this program and would use it full time if it was not for that little missing feature.

So I'm requesting the implementation of the use of windows clipboard in Commander.
But I'd really like to hear from others since it's kind of a moot point if I'm the only one whining tongue

Cheers

Re: ctrl+x ctrl+c ctrl+v

I will think about it for the next version

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Actually I have alot of suggestions, but I don't want to come off as a ... uhm.. one of those pushy newbie dweebs all people hate tongue

Keyboard copy/paste is now supported in 1.31

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

That it's perfect but ... I use to Ctrl + V shortcut for -View Same Directory- and now is removed, please I suggest Ctrl + U or Shift + U for the fuction -View Same Directory-

Actually this is the reason why I didn't want to change it at first...
But you can use Alt-V-V instead.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Bad news sad Currently I remove clipboard files 4-5 times per day. Please remove this strange feature, or change clipboard paste shortcut to another keys. This feature is actually for one time use per years... I dont understand why it is available in Commander.
More intuitive use of clipboard would be probably to remember file/directory locations and change them/copy (like in Windows Explorer) but not to create text files...

Another very wrong shortcut is Ctrl-S (Save function in text editors) - I change "Count Directory Size" mode every day.

Also you removed most used feature (View Same Directory keyboard shortcut)...

PS. You add very strange features to Commander, but dont create useful and most wanted, like: multiple files copying in the same time (very easy to implement using creation of new copy process), user defined most used directories with shortcuts, file types coloring (like in DosNavigator), preview file with HTML highlighting, etc.

I understand that it is your hobby, so you get no money from it and my critique may be a bit  non-ethical, but I love Commander and want to help you make it a bit better.

Rean, as I said above you can use Alt-V-V instead for "View Same Directory".

You can copy/paste files with Ctrl+C / Ctrl-V just like in Explorer. A lot of people has asked for that and this is why I had to change Ctrl-V from "View Same Directory". These clipboard files are only created if you have text or pictures in the clipboard - if you have a file in the clipboard then the file will be copied.

I use the text file creation myself for creating .BAT files, scripts and other small files so that is why I made it.

I don't understand what you mean by "multiple files copying".
You can already add shortcuts to the folders you use most in the "Shortcuts" menu so I don't understand this suggestion.
If you want syntax highlighting in HTML files you can just make a highlighter file in the "Syntax" folder. In that case you are also welcome to send it to me so that I can include it in the next version.

If you don't like the new features you can just keep using the old version. For my own use all the new features are improvements - that is of cause why I made them.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Multiple copy threads/processes in the same time. This is a long time process, so it is impossible to use Commander when it does copy.

Ok, I understand. Multithreaded programming always causes trouble wink - but of cause it would be possible. There is a very simple solution though; just run another instance of Commander while the first is copying. That is what I usually do...

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

OK, i try the Alt + V then V shortcut for View Same Directory function, it's strange but it works fine and fast, nevertheless I suggest for the next version of Commander the Ctrl + U shortcut ( it's the one I used to in total commander, before i meet your Commander) thanks.

View Same Directory is now actived by Ctrl + U

Michael Vinther

> software developer <