Topic: Improving Selection Tool

Hi,

I had tried to make rectangular thumbnails for my photoalbum using your application.
I found some bug or at least disadvantage when using selection tool with locked H/W ratio. When you move the cursor far enough, one of the selection borders touches picture border while the other still moves so the selection aspect stops to be locked.

I also have suggestion to add function of quicker making rectangular selection when pressing CTRL or ALT or SHIFT key during selection. So without determining aspect ratio in menu.
Cheers!

Re: Improving Selection Tool

Sorry, I should put this topic on Bug Reporting list.
But my first intence was to make this selection with keyboard feature. smile

Actually it is so by design. What would you have it do when moving outside the picture? The easy solution: Don't.

Good idea with the Ctrl/Alt/Shift by the way.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

I didn't write "outside the picture". Try to set H/W aspect ratio to 3 or more and start selection by moving your mouse straight from the left to the right side of a picture.
The problem is that if I don't want to crop anything on the top and bottom and have exactly rectangular selection I have to move the cursor with pixel precision.
I guess programming solution is not a big deal since for examlpe moving selection outside the border is already not possible.

Ok, this mighe be an improvement. It will be so in th next version.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <