Topic: Motion Blur Deconvolution

Hi, I have some problems understanding how deconvolution of motion blurred images can be done with Image Analyzer.
If the motion blur is strictly horizontal, everything works fine. I enter the amount of pixels in the field for horizontal movement and tries a few iterations. Fine.
But when the motion blur is e.g. 45 degrees from top left to bottom right and an amount of e.g. 7 pixels for both horizontal and vertical movement, the result is not at all good!
I have tried to rotate the source image 45 degrees and then again only enter a movement in the horizontal text box. Results are much better.

What am I missing here?

BR,
Lars

Re: Motion Blur Deconvolution

I think what you missed was a sentence in the help: It actually says that for non horizontal or vertical motion you should rotate the picture.
There is also an alternative which is a bit more complicated, but also produces better quality than rotating the image: Make a text file like this:

1 0 0 0 0
0 1 0 0 0
0 0 1 0 0
0 0 0 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 (with the same size as the length of the blur)

and choose Matrix file in the Model box and check Normalize filter. You can also use use the User defined filter dialog to make it, and then save as a text file.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <