Topic: Concatenator? How Do You Get It To Work?

I cannot figure out how to get this thing to work....the "concatenator".....The directions are "slim" and ambiguous. Can ANYONE out there talk me through how to use this thing?? Do you make an animation FIRST then ADD to it...or what??? I can't get anything to OPEN in the module box at all.....after going into my Documents and finding pictures OR saved animations....NONE of them even OPEN in that chain module box!!!! I would really like the administrator, Mr. Vinther to e-mail me to get this straightened away as soon as possible!!!!  :angry:

Re: Concatenator? How Do You Get It To Work?

Well to start off I like smart morph. With concatenator well I tried it and it work in one way but not really to my liking maybe someone can go further then what I did.

I made two animations and save them both, then I opened concatenator and added both files then clicked render. It worked but there is a gap between the two animations why?  I don't know but its a beginning.

· Open SmartMorph
· Load Picture 1 and picture 2 in SmartMorph
· Make a morph from 1 to 2
· Save it as an animation (.smo file)
· Close the two images and click New in the File menu
· Load Picture 2 and picture 3 in SmartMorph
· Make a morph from 2 to 3
· Save it as an animation
· Open the Concatenator
· Add the two animations you just created and saved
· Click Render

There should be no gap when it is done correct. One thing that could produce a gap is if you want to morph four pictures but only make two animations, like 1->2 and 3->4. In that case you need to make three animations: 1->2, 2->3 and 3->4.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

I can't get the concatenator to work.  I first got the error message that all images must be the same size.  Then after I resized all the images and morphed the chain, I get the error message "floating point error."  What does that mean?

It could mean that either two marker points are placed on top of each other, or that some points are set outside the image in one of the morphs.

Can you play all of the morphs in SmartMorph?

You say that you get the error after you morphed the chain. Does that mean you get the error when it is done? Or when exactly do you see the error message?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

admin,Feb 18 2004, 07:32 AM wrote:

It could mean that either two marker points are placed on top of each other, or that some points are set outside the image in one of the morphs.

You say that you get the error after you morphed the chain. Does that mean you get the error when it is done? Or when exactly do you see the error message?

My problem is not with SmartMorph. It is with Concatenator.  I morph the images in SmartMorph.  (example: A to B; B to C; etc.) and make sure that the images are the same size, but when I try to morph them together in Concatenator I get the "floating point error" message.

My problem is not with SmartMorph.

I know, but if you do not answer my questions I cannot help you. Let me repeat:
When exactly do you see the error message?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

admin,Feb 18 2004, 08:33 PM wrote:

My problem is not with SmartMorph.

I know, but if you do not answer my questions I cannot help you. Let me repeat:
When exactly do you see the error message?

Sorry.  Yes, I can play all of the morphs in SmartMorph.  After adding the sequence of morphs in Concatenator, when I press "render," it asks where to save, asks about video compression, looks like it is going to work, then gives me the "invalid floating point" error message.

Ok. I have not seen or heard of this problem before so I need a little more information.
Did you try with other pictures, or have you only tried this one sequence? Does it work if you concatenate Demo2 and Demo3 from the example set?
Did you try using different video compressors? There should be several to chose from - just select (other) in the first compression setup dialog.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

I also cannot get concatenator chaing to work. I open and run demo2 and demo 3 in Smart morph and they play. If I add these to concatenator and click on render, I get floating point error regardless of which codec I choose

Jerry, would it be possible for you to try doing the same on another computer and see if you get the same error?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <