Topic: Get rid of layer color

Hi,

Just starting to use DD. So far, mostly good. 

However, because it is supposed to be intuitive, I selected

Re: Get rid of layer color

The rest of my question somehow didn't get posted for some reason.

I am trying to find out how to change the "layer color" to no color.  It is puzzling that layer color applies not to the background but to both objects and text.  The logic for having objects and text the same color escapes me.  Perhaps it makes more sense to expert users of such software.

Anyway, would appreciate insights on eliminating the layer color.

Thank you.

Actually Set layer color just changes the color of all existing objects in the active layer when it is executed, so any new objects added to the layer will not be affected. Clicking Undo is the only way to get the original colors back, except for going through the objects one at a time and setting the colors.

The easiest way to change the background is to insert a big colored rectangle in a lower layer.
If you are unfamiliar with the concept of layers I recommend searching for the section Using Layers in the programs' help.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Thank you. 

It has been a while but I think that for some reason, Undo was greyed out.

I understand the concept of layers.  What I don't understand is why setting layer color sets the color of objects and not the background.  It seems counter-intuitive.

Also, I thought that if I select "Stay subscribed to this topic" I would be notified when there is a response.  That did not happen so how do I know when someone has responded?  What does it mean to subscribe to a topic?

Thank you.

I appreciate your help.

Cathy

Well, that is just how I chose to name the function. If you read the hint in the bottom bar it says what it does.

The topic subscriptions work for me - I get mail notifications. Perhaps it was taken by your spam filter?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <