1 (edited by sircotra 2011-10-31 11:35:22)

Topic: Arrow with multiple corners

Hi,
I'm Fabio and I need your help for my thesis.  big_smile

With Diagram Designer I drew the structure of my application but there isn't an element that might be interesting, an arrow with multiple corners be placed 'totally free'.

I use 'auto-arrow' but can make a single corner. Finally, I used several lines together and an arrow at the end but this took me a long time though.  sad

Is there a faster way to draw an arrow with multiple angles?

Fabio

Re: Arrow with multiple corners

Like this? From the help file: If the right mouse button is pressed during the operation (while still holding the left mouse button down), a new line segment is started.
There is only one arrow at the begin and/or end of the line.

Spam deleted 2013: 54,  2014: 11,  2015: 3,  2016: 107

Fred wrote:

From the help file: If the right mouse button is pressed during the operation (while still holding the left mouse button down), a new line segment is started.

Thanks, that's just what I needed.

Is there a way to add a line segment to the arrow after you draw it?

Same way - begin dragging the end of the line, and click the right button.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Hi Michael,

I have seen this drag and RMB comment many times, but it only works when dragging the connector start point. When I drag the arrowhead and use RMB I get the context menu every time. Is this intentional? Can it be avoided? For me, it is far more intuitive to drag the arrowhead and RMB to create a corner. I took me quite a few attempts to discover what I was doing wrong.

Regards,
John

6 (edited by jpatmore 2012-02-15 13:13:05)

Ooops. I just tried again and it worked. Not sure now what I was doing wrong. Never mind.

Brilliant program by the way. Love it.

7 (edited by NeilMcCauley 2016-01-19 16:24:03)

Even though it is an old issue, I do have a question about it...

At first I was very happy creating multiple cornered arrow just like described - pressing LMB while
dragging and then pressing RMB to insert a corner.

For some reason this stopped working and I only get the context menu no matter what I do with the
arrow. Starting point or end point, dragging, resizing, ... it all results in popping up the context menu,
even though LMB is pressed.

Is there any way to reset it to the original behaviour or do I need to reinstall it?

It realy actually stopped working from one program start to the next... and I cant imagine why?

I have no idea why it would stop working for you. Do you have a chance to try with another mouse?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

I encountered the same problem.

Everytime i open DiagramDesigner, it wont work anymore. First i have to click on the Draw arrow tool in the top toolbar. I dont even need to draw something, just switch back to the edit mode or whatever. Then i am able to create new corners by using the right mouse button.

After reopening DD, i cant create new corners, even for the existing arrows. I first have to select the draw arrow tool again.