1 (edited by pierre13293 2016-02-01 16:45:04)

Topic: Arrows fill color

If a add text to a line or an arrow, it gets put in a white box, which blocks the line of the arrow. I can even fill this box by changing the "fill color". But i cant find a way to get rid of it....
Even if i choose "none" by using the clear button, it remains as a white box.
Is there really no way to remove the text background?....

Re: Arrows fill color

try fill color changing brightness to 232

cant find any brightness besides the color choosing window (v1.28). But why should changing the brightness remove the box? Even if you are trying to match the color with the default background... its still overlaying the arrow line.

I use the v1.26; it is probable there are differences and
only Michael can help you.
In my version text presence always breaks the line and
there is no solution for this, at less of adding and locating the text.

I don't think there has ever been a brightness setting. Right now probably the only thing you can do is to add a text box on top of the line instead of using the line's text property. Won't it always look strange anyway? Or is it because your text is a different color from the line?
Anyway, I will consider the possibility to choose that the text should not have a filled background.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

6 (edited by pierre13293 2016-02-10 14:19:53)

Yeah, using manually added text boxes is the way i am going now. But its hard to rearrange them, especially with a lot of arrows and text.
My problem with the text background is it often blocks most of the arrow, if the arrow is short or horizontal. And you cant format your text with whitespaces and line breaks, without totally ruining the arrow's line.
Any other object i tried had no text background, if you would make the form shorter or smaller than the text in it.

Of course i should then probably choose a different color for text and arrow, but thats the problem for nearly everything you can change the color for.

There is a new option in the latest beta version in the Diagram menu where you can set whether the text labels should have solid background. That should solve the problem. See http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/support/view … hp?id=3266

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

8 (edited by pierre13293 2016-02-20 17:16:43)

My very own beta version, thats cool big_smile
Bad sadly not exactly what I was looking for.

Lets try to make this clear:

Version 1.28, clear fill color:
http://imgur.com/ZBqjrPQ
Expecting this result for: only for white fill color (which currently produces the same result as clear fill color)

Version 1.28.2_beta, clear fill color, solid connector labels deactivated:
http://imgur.com/zwal4B1
Expecting this result for: clear fill color, solid connector labels activated

What I was expecting for: clear fill color, solid connector labels deactivated:
http://imgur.com/G6y01Dn

But of course that are just my personal expectations for the behavior.

Edit: A different possibility would be to ignore the solid box just for whitespaces and linebreaks in one text. This way the line would be visible while formatting the text, and the letters itself would still be easy to read, because they have this little margin to the line. But i guess this could be a little hard to implement. If needed i can make a screenshot of this, too.

The fill color is also used for colored arrow heads and line fill color when the ==== line style is selected, so if I changed that behavior then it would not be possible to use these styles and at the same time get the text to cut through the line without a background color.

Now I changed it again so you can choose between label style between solid (for backwards compatibility), cut and overlay (as you suggest). I believe that the new default behavior (cut) is what most users want - actually I tried implementing it once before but I didn't get it to work then.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Thank you very much for your responses and work.
Now we have like everything we could need, it looks great smile