Topic: I've got 2 new feature ideas for IA

First, I'd like to see it support arithmetic combining (add and subtract) of image maps, not just regular images. I can't use Combine Images feature on image maps, but I'd like to be able to, as I have 2 sets of image data (each one its own .map file) that needs combining. However it has a bit depth greater than 8, meaning that it is being operated on in image-map mode, rather than regular grayscale image mode. Converting to 8 bits per pixel and then combining is NOT an option, as such a down-conversion of bit-depth will permanently destroy data in the image, data that must be maintained.

Second, I'd like to see support for raw (uncompressed) image map saving from IA in the standard released version. Currently, only the beta version supports this (as you stated in this post http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/support/view … 7382#p7382 ).

Re: I've got 2 new feature ideas for IA

It is actually possible to combine high bit depth images using the Script feature. If you select the Average images preset in the dropdown you can probably figure it out, otherwise just ask.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

It is actually possible to combine high bit depth images using the Script feature. If you select the Average images preset in the dropdown you can probably figure it out, otherwise just ask.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still wondering though, when will disabling image map compression be included in the official released (not beta) version?

Well, whenever I take the time to make a new official release wink
Basically there is not much difference, it is just easier for me to put the files in a zip and upload.. The latest beta versions uses a new version of .net which might not be compatible with older systems so I have postponed the release a bit. So far I have not had any problems reported with it though.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

No map compression has now been released

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

No map compression has now been released

Thanks for the update. Does the new version release also have the bug fixed that was the topic of this thread http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/support/view … hp?id=4459 ?

7 (edited by Ben321 2016-11-06 8:09:59)

Ok, I just tested a sample BMP image in the latest release version of IA, that uses a negative height, and it doesn't load properly. While, unlike in the previous version, this version does load the image (instead of just showing a black image), it shows it in the same orientation as if the height number were positive. My test image has an arrow pointing up when the height is positive. When I edit the height field in the BMP file's header to have a negative height, the arrow should then point downward. However, Image Analyzer does not do this. Instead the image still points upward. It seems that Image Analyzer is using the absolute value of the BMP file's header's height field as the height, which is not what it should be doing. A negative height in the height field of the BMP file's header should produce a vertically flipped image (positive height means image data is stored in the file from bottom to top, negative height means image data is stored in the file from top to bottom). So this still needs to be fixed.

Are you sure that is not correct? As far as I can see the sample image you sent me some time ago displays the same way in IA as it does when I load it in e.g. Paint.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

Are you sure that is not correct? As far as I can see the sample image you sent me some time ago displays the same way in IA as it does when I load it in e.g. Paint.

It doesn't work correctly. I tested it again just now myself. I have sent you an email with a complete description of the problem, and 2 bitmap files so you can test it on your copy of IA.

Did you fix it yet?

Oh, yes, I did. I just forgot to upload it but it is available now.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

Oh, yes, I did. I just forgot to upload it but it is available now.

So where can I download this latest version of the release version, that has the bug that I mentioned fixed? So far, at Fosshub only version 1.38 is available, which was the version version I had already, and that I complained (in great detail in an email I sent you, and in the last 2 posts) about it not properly implementing the bug fix which had been properly implemented in the previous BETA version (something between beta and final release got changed).

Now you say you have an even newer release version (I assume one who's version number is larger than 1.38) that finally has this fixed (what had been fixed in beta like 2 versions ago), but I can't find it anywhere.

There is a new version on Fosshub. Perhaps you need to force your browser to refresh?

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

There is a new version on Fosshub. Perhaps you need to force your browser to refresh?

I did refresh. The latest release version is still 1.38 (which is the version currently on my computer, which still has a problem properly displaying BMP files with negative height)
Here's the line of text from FossHub.

Download Image Analyzer Windows installer - 2.73 MB | version: 1.38 | MD5/SHA1 signature

There should be a 1.38.1

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

There should be a 1.38.1

I saw that, but it is labeled as a beta version. I'm waiting for the bug-fix in question to be implemented in the release version.

17 (edited by Ben321 2016-12-16 9:10:30)

mv wrote:

There should be a 1.38.1

I saw that, but it is labeled as a beta version. I'm waiting for the bug-fix in question to be implemented in the release version.

Update:
I just tried that beta version 1.38.1, and the problem is still not fixed. Setting the height field of the BMP file's BitmapInfoHeader structure should flip cause the image to be displayed vertically flipped. But it doesn't in Image Analyzer. Both images (one with the positive value for height, and the other with the negative value for height) stay rightside-up in Image Analyzer. This is incorrect behavior.

Update2:
It appears that I was partially mistaken. I had been testing it on an 8-bit-per-pixel image. The incorrect behavior only still exists for 8-bit-per-pixel images. 32, 24, 4, and 1 bit-per-pixel images exhibit correct behavior (image is flipped vertically) in Image Analyzer when the value for their header's height field is set negative. It appears that you have a different Bitmap file loading routine for each bit-depth, and you failed to implement this bug fix for the 8-bit-per-pixel Bitmap loading routine.

Thanks, that is exactly why it is a beta. I changed from one BMP library to another and I haven't had time to test all format variations. I'll need to dig more into the source code of the lib.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

Now it should also be fixed for 8 bit images in 1.38.2

Michael Vinther

> software developer <

mv wrote:

I tried that, but it gave me this error.

Error: Source file 'Files' could not be found
Error: Source file '(x86)\MeeSoft\ImageAnalyzer\DotNetPlugins;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\WPF' could not be found

Do you have the latest .net framework installed on your PC? I have used the scripting on a number of PCs, and never had this error.

Michael Vinther

> software developer <